Maxi-Cash (S1) Sdn Bhd (including its subsidiaries) (including its subsidiaries) (“Maxi-Cash”) is committed to protecting and respecting your personal data. Maxi-Cash respects every individual’s right to privacy. Whether you are a Maxi-Cash customer, a registered user or visitor, we understand the importance you place on the privacy and security of information that personally identifies you or your Account information. We refer to and treat this information as “personal data”.
We are committed to complying with the Personal Data Protection Act of Malaysia, and if you have any comments, suggestions or complaints, please contact us by the means provided in this Policy.
Except where otherwise specified, all capitalised terms in this Policy shall have the same meaning as they have in the Terms and Conditions (available at [https://maxi-cash.com.my/]), which also includes the provisions in this Policy.
1. COLLECTION AND PROCESSING OF PERSONAL DATA
1. You can use and browse our Sites without disclosing your personal data, and are not required to provide personal data as a condition of using our website, except as may be necessary in the course of us providing you with our Services, to respond to your requests or in cases where you contact us directly.
2. We collect personal data only when you provide it to us, through emails, inquiries and requests, and similar situations in which you have chosen to provide the information to us. We may collect your personal data when you:
1. create an Account with us;
2. access and/or use any support or other related services connected to the Sites and/or our Services;
3. provide us with your payment and billing information;
4. complete contact forms or request newsletters or other information from us (e.g. via email); and
5. interact with our third-party partners (e.g. advertising and market research partners) who may provide us with information about your interest in and engagement with our Services and online advertisements.
3. Personal information collected may include, without limitation, the following information:
2. NRIC/FIN/passport number;
4. email address;
5. telephone numbers;
6. date of birth;
7. Usernames and Passwords used on the Sites;
8. information on how you use the Services; and
9. any other form of personal data relevant to the use of the Sites and/or the provision of Services, which may directly or indirectly identify you.
2. PURPOSES OF USE
1. All personal data and other information collected may be used by Maxi-Cash in the aggregate or individually and may be combined with other information for the following purposes:
1. providing you with Services that you have requested for, or other related services connected to the Sites
2. responding to and taking follow-up action on complaints;
3. seeking feedback and comments on Maxi-Cash’s business and operational matters;
4. marketing the activities, events and services of Maxi-Cash and its business partners;
5. providing you with updates on Maxi-Cash; and/or
6. purposes relating to any of the above.
2. By providing your personal data to us, you hereby consent to allow us to use the personal information provided for the above purposes.
3. DISCLOSURE OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA
1. For the above-described purposes, we may have to disclose your personal data to any member of our group or to third parties such as our service providers and professional advisors.
2. It is possible that we will need to access, ready, preserve and/or disclose personal information about you when required by law, subpoena, or other legal process or if we have a good faith belief that disclosure is reasonably necessary to:
1. investigate, prevent, or take action regarding suspected or actual illegal activities or to assist government enforcement agencies;
2. enforce or apply our Terms and Conditions and/or other agreements with you;
3. investigate and defend ourselves against any third-party claims or allegations;
4. protect the security or integrity of our Services (such as by sharing with companies facing similar threats); or
5. exercise or protect the rights, property or safety of Maxi-Cash, or any other party.
3. In sharing your personal information with third parties, we will endeavour to ensure that the third parties and our affiliates keep your personal information secure from unauthorised access, collection, use, disclosure, or similar risks and retain your personal information only for as long as they need your personal information to achieve the above-mentioned purposes.
4. If any disclosure of your information involves the transfer of your personal information out of Malaysia, we will take steps to ensure that the receiving jurisdiction has in place a standard of protection accorded to personal information that is comparable to the protection under or up to Malaysia’s data protection legislation.
4. ACCESS AND CONTROL OF DATA
1. We offer settings to control and manage some aspects of the personal information that we have about you. You may update any of your personal information we possess by means of updating and accessing your account details, and if not, then by contacting us.
5. RETENTION OF DATA
1. We retain collected personal information while your account is in existence or as needed to provide you with the Services. This includes data you provide to us, and data generated or inferred from your use of our Services.
6. RIGHT TO WITHDRAW CONSENT, REQUEST ACCESS TO, AND CORRECTION OF PERSONAL DATA
1. Our Customer Service Team is responsible for ensuring that requests for access to information and amendment of information are properly dealt with. All requests for information or requests for the amendment of information held by Maxi-Cash shall make through to our Customer Service Team by calling them at 07-3512396.
2. Please note that Maxi-Cash will only accept and act on requests that comply with this Policy, and with the applicable charge(s) paid. Maxi-Cash is entitled to impose a fee for responding to requests for information. Maxi-Cash may choose not to respond to requests that are not accompanied with payment of any applicable fee(s). Maxi-Cash may refuse to disclose or amend any information for the reasons set out in the Personal Data Protection Act.
7. SAFEGUARDING YOUR ACCESS
1. We are committed to protecting the security and confidentiality of your information so as to provide you with a safe and secure online environment. We have implemented reasonable security arrangements including physical, administrative, technical, and electronic security measures to protect against the loss, misuse, and alteration of your personal information. Despite our best efforts, however, no security measures are perfect or impenetrable. You are advised that, should you choose to provide information or data to us and/or through the Sites and/or our Services, the security of any information transmitted over the Internet cannot be guaranteed. In the event where you believe your privacy has been breached, please contact us immediately.
2. Apart from the security measures put in place, you play an equally important role in ensuring your online security and account information is not compromised. You should adopt the following recommended practices in protecting the security of your system:
1. Do not share your Username, Password or other Account information with anyone.
2. Do not display your Username, Password or other Account information in a manner that is visible to others and the computer or mobile device that you use to access the Sites should never be left unattended.
3. Log out of the Sites each time after completing your Transactions.
4. Always use the recommended browser and operating system to access the Sites. All browsers and application software should be upgraded to support SSL 256-bit encryption.
5. Always check that the website address on the Maxi-Cash Website changes from http:// to https:// and a security icon, usually in the form of a lock or key, appears when authentication and encryption is expected.
8. THIRD PARTY WEBSITES
1. We may amend this Policy at any time by posting the amended terms on the Sites, and these amendments will become effective upon posting. Your continued use of the Sites and the Services following these changes means that you accept such revisions, and the collection, use and sharing of your personal information shall thereafter be subject to the updated Policy.
2. You acknowledge that, notwithstanding this Policy, we have at all times the right to disclose your personal information to any legal, regulatory, governmental, tax, law enforcement or other authorities pursuant to applicable law and our legal obligations. This may arise from any investigation, order, or request by such parties. To the furthest extent permissible by law, you agree not to take any action and/or waive your rights to take any action against us for the disclosure of your personal information in these circumstances.
3. If you wish to contact us for anything in relation to this Policy, please feel free to contact our Customer Service Team by calling them at 07-3512396.